my shutdown on knitting and cross stitching has allowed me time to create with paper. the stringed hearts here and here, gave me the inspiration I needed for my valentines. thank you friends for all the inspiration you so willingly share!!
pink cardstock or pink note cards
white pearle cotton thread- one 10" piece per card
cricut cutting machine*
*I used my cricut machine with the "beyond birthdays" cartridge to cut 6- 1" white hearts and 1- 1.25" red heart for each valentine. If you don't have this machine you can use your computer to create or hand cut the hearts.
the process goes like this:
* cut enough 1" white hearts and 1.25" red hearts out of cardstock for the number of cards you'll be making. (6- 1" white hearts and 1- 1.25" red heart per card)
* using the threaded needle, string hearts on cotton thread in order- three white, one red, three white.
* attach the string of hearts from the front side of card to back.
* tie a knot at the end of each side of thread on back of card. put a small amount of tape over knot.
* once you have the hearts in a position you like, add a pop dot to the back of the red heart and attach to the card.
* write greeting and share generously.