Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ruffled scarf wrap up

(okay, a model I am not. just focus on the scarf.)
(special thanks to Lisa Q. for her photography.)

Pattern: Koigu Easy Ruffled Scarf; adapted for Knitting Off Broadway
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM yarn, dye code P534, 2 skeins purchased from Knitting Off Broadway
Needles: size 6 dpn
Mods: The pattern calls for 2 skeins of Koigu and 2 skeins of Rowan Kidsilk Haze. I only used the Koigu.

back in May during our annual vera bradley trip, we took some time to explore Ft. Wayne. thanks to my iPhone, we found Knitting Off Broadway. Jan and her shop make you want to sit and knit awhile, so stop in and visit her during your next trip to indiana.

I fell in love with this scarf at first sight! I was fascinated with the twisting look and had to knit it up! this was my first project using short rows, and once I sat and followed the directions, they were absolutely no problem.

10 comments:

From All Stitched Up said...

Great scarf! Koigu is such a fun yarn. Lovely colors !

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Beautiful scarf! Love all the ruffles.

The WoodLand School said...

So sassy and adorable! I made the other version but I much prefer the adaptations in your version!

stitching under oaks said...

I just love this scarf...so versatile and oh so sun. You wear it so well. I've got to try one of these...now if I can just get my hands on some koigu.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

It falls so naturally and looks so pretty. It's such a perfect fashion accessory....There's a little chill in the air. You'll be wearing it before long.

Larissa said...

Awesome scarf! and you are too a model - you wear the scarf beautifully! Love how long and versatile it is - great job.

stringsofpurls said...

Cute scarf AND model! Nice to be back!

Gloria said...

What a beauty!!! :)

a friend to knit with said...

look at YOU!
i love this....
so flirty and flouncy!!!!

josiekitten said...

I love this scarf. I've looked on the shop's website, but can't find a link to the pattern. Is it available do you know? If so, I'd be really grateful if you could point me in the right direction please. Many thanks.