Monday, August 16, 2010

neighborly wrap up

a new school year is calling, and I'm filling with anticipation. I get a "wipe the chalkboard clean" kind of feeling as we approach september. I've got the need to: tie up loose ends; get things in order; check a few more things off my summer do list; and start the school year fresh. so it's in that spirit that I'm using august as a wrap up month. there will be a few projects I've been meaning to share, completing projects that have been on my mind all summer, and savoring the last bits of time with the boys. first up...a neighborly wrap up.

many months ago, I started and completed my grown up girl neighborly. special thanks to my friend larissa for not only the pattern, but the soft as can be chocolate and the noro that brought such anticipation and delight to the project. I loved everything about this project, and it fit my model just perfectly! thanks for modeling m.q.!!

Pattern: Grown Up Girl Neighborly, based on Jennifer Casa's Neighborly
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted, Chocolate Souffle- 2 skeins and Noro Kureyon, #156- 2 skeins,
Needles: US 8 circulars, US 8 double point needles for armholes, US 6 circular for neck ribbing
Size: Large
Mods: I wanted to lengthen the sweater a bit, so before starting the noro striping, I completed the neck ribbing and armholes to ensure I had enough chocolate yarn. I then added length to the body of the sweater with all my remaining lamb's pride yarn.

12 comments:

The WoodLand School said...

This sweater is absolutely gorgeous!!! I can only imagine how wonderful it feels all knit up with Lamb's Pride. Great work!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

What a great-looking sweater! You have to be quite proud of this accomplishment. But I completely understand about the loose-ends. It seems like time is a-wasting and summer will be over so soon. Good luck finishing up those projects.

amanda said...

I know exactly what you mean about the Noro! It can keep even the longest stretches of stocking stitch interesting - yours has striped up beautifully here!

stitching under oaks said...

it looks wonderful...love the beautiful job that you did. I also love how you're using August as a wrap up month. You're so right about the start of school feeling like a fresh start. Can't wait to see all you completed projects.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Looks wonderful! Great for end of summer and this fall. Good luck getting all your loose ends tied up.

Meg said...

I love it! So, so great! And isn't Noro just so fun--I love watching the colors change as I knit!

From All Stitched Up said...

I love the sweater. I'm chuckling at myself because I am in the dog days of summer. Just dawdling around. Exactly the opposite of you. I'll wait till Sept and then kick into gear. I hope.

Gigi said...

So cute! You're such a great knitter -- lovely work!
Blessings,
G

Gloria said...

Beautiful sweater!! Love those colors together...so sweet!
I love the back-to-school Season! :)
Blessings to you,
Gloria
@}~`}~~~

Imene said...

I love it!! I made a neighborly for my daughter and you're making me want to start a new one!!

Larissa said...

Your sweater looks awesome - you did a wonderful job on it! I'm using september for tie up month because we are going nonstop for the next two weeks with swim meets and taekwondo tournaments. Looking forward to seeing all the things you get in order this month.

a friend to knit with said...

okay. i can not believe how all of these projects were lurking in your pile! wow, kristyn. this is ADORABLE!
the colors. well, i can only say i love them!
i should really get some noro!!!!