Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a heavy load

I've been away.
I'm carrying a heavy load right now.
I'm sad. I'm mad. I'm scared. I'm stressed.
this is me and one of my best friends, kris.
july 2007
we started praying for her last year when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. we prayed with her through that diagnosis, surgery, chemo, and reconstruction.

and you may remember we celebrated her clean bill of health back in january.

yet just two short weeks ago everything changed. this vibrant, loving, fun woman was diagnosed with lung cancer. and then just five days ago, I received word that she also has brain cancer.

she is the strongest woman I know. she is a fighter. but she can't fight this alone. she needs your prayers! for there is only one who can heal her and perform a miracle, our heavenly Father.
I've missed sharing what's been going on, but I just can't right now.

5 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Oh Kristyn I am so sorry!! Your friend will definitely be in my prayers!!

stitching under oaks said...

hope is such a precious thing. don't lose hope. ...i know it's a heavy load. my heart is aching for all involved. please know i'm here praying. i'm praying for kris for complete healing and better health after this than ever! i'm also praying for you as you walk this tough path beside your friend. i love you.

larissa said...

Kristyn, I cannot agree more with what Lisa said about keeping hope. I will pray for your friend. We are also praying for for our taikwondo instructor's 14 year old sister who has been bravely battling brain cancer for 2 yrs now. Hang in there and don't forget to take care of yourself!

Journeying Five said...

God hears your heart, hears your hurt, knows your feelings...don't be afraid to take it too him, even if the feelings aren't happy ones. will be praying for you.

a friend to knit with said...

oh, kristyn. i am SO sorry.
you know i will be praying.
be strong, friend.
xxoo