my "now what" turned into cleaning and purging room by room. spencer's dresser needed a good purge and straighten; connor's toys got the same treatment; and our bedroom was put back together after our weekend away. after working in the kitchen, I started my laundry loads, had a bite of lunch, took a quick nap, then started working my business.
I left these little notes for the boys as I left each of their rooms. I'm thinking my lunch box note idea needs to take some physical form tomorrow.
I learned a few things today:
* raising independent, confident young men is bittersweet.
* the house is extremely quiet when the boys aren't here.
* I find comfort in cleaning and organizing.
* routines make me run smoother.
* too much stuff makes me tired, so I have to purge it.
* my boys bring activity, noise, conflict but even more love, joy, and fun!
* thoughtful emails from close friends give comfort in difficult situations, thanks lease.
my day finished with the first sight of fall in michigan
game time with connor
and the love of a good magazine.
I want to seize the new opportunities this time gives me, enjoy new experiences, and grow and mature along with the boys. Lord, stay with me as I go day by day through this year.