Monday, August 24, 2009

something wonderful

something happens inside you when you finish a project that's been undone for awhile. something wonderful! mark and I experienced this feeling over and over again this weekend!

we started saturday with a very long to-do list. mark looked a bit like a deer in the headlights when I shared the list. I'm sure whatever he was thinking was on the agenda for saturday didn't look like this...
first on the list...the post office to mail out lots of correspondence.
our home projects started in spencer's room by washing windows and adding new blinds.
once the bed was pulled out, the worn carpet was history.
and once the carpet was gone, we could move the bed...which lead to a total room makeover...
including a new art showcase wall.
next up? connor's room.
mark replaced the missing molding piece (that I swept up with the sweeper...ooops!),
and I touched up the paint.
a good closet clean out and both boys are set for the start of school.

my laundry baskets which were full to the brim were emptied.
and the hall closet had a big purge. watch those expiration dates!
on sunday, as part of my relaxing and recharging, I finished my knitting santa cross-stitch,
packed connor and I for our trip,
and forced myself to learn how to make button holes, so progress could be made on my february lady sweater. look-I did it!!
"don't you wish every saturday could be this productive?" I said. "what? I think it would kill me!" was mark's response. okay, so I'll take this one good work day. he blessed me with his time, his skills, and his patience. and I couldn't be happier about all we accomplished.
so in the end, something wonderful happened.

7 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

you guys got so much done! You should have seen my eyes when I saw that first picture with your list on it! Wowza! Love how Spencer's room turned out. The art wall looks great! Your knitting Santa is perfect (I'm not sure I picked up on the fact that he was knitting before). And YEA on the button holes! Now you're home free on the fls....just knit on girl! Have a safe and wonderful trip. I'll be here... doing school... thinking of you... while you're in florida having fun in the sun. :)

At Home Mommy Knits said...

What an extremely accomplished day. When you have days like that it really feels like you have 'earned' your down time. Love the cross stitch! Here's to a great school year for you and yours.

Larissa said...

wow, what a productive day! I think I spy my beautiful card in that stack - thank you so much! you are a great mom - you redecorated spencer's room and packed for your trip with connor so that each guy got something special from mom! that knitting santa is adorable(i'm with lisa - didn't realize he was knitting)! i love the color you chose for your FLS - it is going to look great on you!

mark said...

it was "something wonderful" being your partner in progress on saturday. i can't imagine doing it with anyone else. love you, sweet.

Alison said...

Wow!! That was a day! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Wow you've been busy!

~Maggie

Journeying Five said...

i wish i could be that productive today, this week since we got home it feels like it has been a little bit of a fight to get it done. oh well! there is always next week!