Wednesday, February 11, 2009

anticipation

so I was a busy, busy bee today wrapping up loose ends around our home, so that I could have an entire day free to do what I want. what's the "I want?" craft, create, knit and watch a few dvds!! I've not conciously done this before, but I'm full of anxious anticipation for my createthursday!

what spurred this on? an outburst about three weeks ago. I broke down crying in the kitchen (while the boys were at school, of course) yelling "when do I get to do what I want to do??!!??" some days feel like that. you're probably like me-a willing giver of your time, energy, talents, and gifts. all that giving without some refilling, and I had a recipe for a crying fit.

so I'm off to finish my laundry, so my mind is free to start a few new projects tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bring on createthursday! talk about anticipation ... i've got it in a bad way.

Kris said...

Good for you. I know what you are talking about and I congratulate you on rewarding yourself...much deserved. I forgot to ask you today, how was your "you" day going. Wow, what is Mark anticipating. He sounds excited! Love you.

stitching under oaks said...

Wish I'd have been there to share it with you...but then we'd have talked and you wouldn't have gotten anything done!!! I'm glad you're taking time to recharge yourself! You're so worth it!