Monday, November 3, 2008

think then ACT

if you visited yesterday, you know the meaning of my title. I've been 'thinking about'/'wanting to' send special cards to all my American Cancer Society, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk supporters. I started the process thinking I would cut out paper ribbons then decided on painted ribbons. first try-painting the ribbon freehand- BIG mistake...then I remembered the P.C. ribbon stencil we sold a few years ago. off I went to the basement in search of those stencils. once found, I created my desired pink color and began making cards. they aren't all perfect; some have paint smudges, but my card making project is now out of my head and complete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome cards! what a great idea to use the template. and while i do not take issue with your assessment of being a thinker, your desire to do for those you love, your selfless sacrifice for me and our boys, and the resulting fever pace of your daily schedule is way more the problem than you overthinking. those of us inside the sphere of your love are lavished with the work of your hands and your heart. by the way, do i get like a triple word score for the mad run-on sentence above?! miss you sweet.

stitching under oaks said...

they turned out great! what a clever idea! i agree with Mark...the reason so much thinking goes into all you do is because by the time it gets to the top of your list you've had plenty of mental time. The thinking is part of the gift...

Anonymous said...

What an awsome idea! They look great!