Wednesday, August 20, 2008

savor summer ... t minus 13

feet to the fire.
finding time to work.
my eyes were opened today- how can God do His part if I don't do mine? so I'm going to start doing my part (small as it is) so God can do His part (large as it is).
focused on my business today and future commitments.

many of you know, one of my best friends, Kris, was diagnosed with breast cancer back in May of this year. since then she has battled this disease with determination, hope, courage, and strength. our company, The Pampered Chef, has added the "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" one of it's donation programs, so, I've joined Kris' team- the bosom buddies- in the walk on October 18th in Ann Arbor. you'll remember walking in a benefit race was one of my personal goals. now, I have a purpose- to walk ... in honor of Kris, my cousin Karen Gavroy, the memory of mark's grandma griffis, and the cure that will prevent future generations from being diagnosed.

you can help the American Cancer Society as well! donate to my goal using the sidebar link, walk with us, or find an event close to you and join in. there is no small amount. every cent earned brings us ALL one step closer to a cure. thanks for your support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so psyched to do this together! i love you sweet.

stitching under oaks said...

Kris is blessed to have a friend like you who supports her and prays for her and walks this road with her.