Sunday, January 26, 2014

a lost voice

based on my number of posts last year, I lost my voice in 2013. 

I wonder if you've ever felt like me? I found myself getting lost in the lives of my favorite bloggers and not my own. I found myself wanting to have the perfect post instead of a honest sharing of my heart. I found myself creating just so I could share it in this space. then I found myself disliking more about blogging than I liked. so I made a decision to take a pause. that pause turned into a stop. 

unfortunately when the words stopped flowing on my blog, my creative juices stop flowing as well. It wasn't until November that I started knitting and finishing...anything.

 
a few of his creations as the loom craze hit our house

one of my 2014 goals is to rekindle my love of creating, writing, and connecting in this space and in yours. I invite you to travel along with me this year. welcome back.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I totally understand where you are coming from!! I've been doing the same thing. I stopped my first blog because I got tried of feeling like I needed to craft as well to have good posts, so my crafting slowed down or stopped in some forms. Then I started a new blog to be more about my daily life and the kids... then I felt like I was telling everyone everything, and I really didn't want my whole life out there... then I stopped taking photos unless we were on a trip or it was someone's birthday, I was missing the daily stuff that I love most. So now I've got a few blogs going and trying to just enjoy life and blogging without the pressure. Once I let go of expectations it's really going well. Good luck to you on your new blogging journey!

pmarkrobb said...

welcome back, sweet voice. SO thrilled you have decided to rekindle these things that have been so important in finding and being your true self. sincere prayers for a rhythm in coming back that feeds your soul and births a freedom in existing in this space. you being here fuels you and blesses others. welcome back, sweet voice.

stitching under oaks said...

Yeah!!! I've been missing you here..so glad you're back. Always love to hear what is going on in your world and in your heart.

Unknown said...

I loved your post.....I am right there with you! I too look forward to reading more about your creations and hopefully I can get back into the blogging routine as well. Hope all is well with you!!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I loved your post.....I am right there with you! I too look forward to reading more about your creations and hopefully I can get back into the blogging routine as well. Hope all is well with you!!

Larissa said...

so true! good to see you returning to this space. you don't have to make anything to post - I always forget that too.

duskmarieg said...

i've been feeling lost myself...the words are running wild but I can't get them out! hoping to make time for writing...it makes my life better!

stringsofpurls said...

I understand completely and I did the same thing! Welcome back!

friv unblocked said...

I wanted to thank you for sharing great information and being useful. I’ve read and visited a lot of blogs, but I haven’t seen such a beautiful site. Your article equipped me with new information. I would like to share this information with my friends on the social network facebook as soon as possible.