Friday, December 2, 2011

holiday remembering


when I turned the monthly calendar page in my planner yesterday, I met december. this quote was in the square before day 1:

think about what you
want to remember
about your holiday
and do it!

so today I'm thinking about the activities and traditions I want to remember.

I've started a short list (of course)...
:: quiet moments at home with mark, spencer and connor
:: advent calendars
:: Christmas trees
:: making lots of sweet treat gifts
:: holiday nights at greenfield village
:: telling the stories of december with words and photos
:: Christmas music playing
:: driving around town looking at Christmas lights
:: Christmas novels
:: completing a few more handmade presents

what are some of the activities you want to remember this year?

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Driving around looking at lights is always a Christmas tradition in my family, I think it's on the top of my to do list! I also plan to see the live Nativity that goes on near my house, but somehow we miss it every year. Luckily I saw the sign for it the other day and have already marked my calendar. Enjoy the season!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I just love the feeling of the house, in the evening with lights glowing. For some reason, that is the BEST to me.

stitching under oaks said...

I really enjoy reading Christmas stories to my kids...the girls are too old for that any more and so I'm thankful to sit and snuggle with my little guy and read to him. I'm savoring those moments....he's growing up too fast too!

Gigi said...

Your list is perfect K! I ditto all of them ;). Now, if I can just finish my shopping, so I can do more fun crafty things.
Hugs!
G

Gloria said...

Beautiful photos!

I have been reading Christmas bedtime stories to the grandkids. I still want to make sugar cookies, and fudge. Drive around to look at the lights,,,or walk down our street to view them..:) Snuggle up on the sofa to watch Christmas movie favorites with the family. Been listening to a radio station in the car that plays only Christmas music (the grandkids and me singing to the top of our lungs). Remind all of us that Jesus is the real reason for the season! :)

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!!

Blessings,
xoxo...Gloria

Liz said...

Making gingerbread houses with my little ones is one of my favories!

Mr. Puffy said...

A lovely list of special things to enjoy! This Christmas eve after a beautiful and moving candlelight service my Dad drove us through the neighborhood looking at all the Christmas lights ~ the nicest part of the holidays for me!

stitching under oaks said...

I am having trouble with my profile pic...testing it out on your blog...:)

stitching under oaks said...

looks like it's fixed...thanks girl! love you!