I love lists! some of you already know this about me. if you visit this blog or my flickr often enough, you're already familiar with pictures of my lists. and in January I started a "list journal." (nothing fancy...just that black journal shown on top below). the goal- a place to record on-going projects, new ideas, to-dos, and notes to myself, which had previously been written on pieces of paper or post-it notes (that sometimes couldn't be located when needed).
I know at the end of the year I'll enjoy looking back at my life in lists. and while I'm not adding pictures or other scrapbooking items, I consider this a scrapbook of my life in 2010.
the blessing- getting all that "stuff" out of my head and written down. when it's out and in some kind of order, somehow I don't think of it as much. and as I get older, I'm finding it harder to keep track of everything required to keep my family in the places they need to be at the times they need to be there and running our household with a sense of peace and calm. to that end, my most used page has columns for "go, do, buy, and call." what do you use to keep your life organized?
sharing a page from my journal...this idea from maine mama.
42 before 43:
- update our will
- send a special card to a friend each month
- create an "all about me" scrapbook
- smile more
- photograph the glory of each season
- serve on a new committee at church
- fly a kite on the beach...again
- wear flip flops as much as possible- had to put them away...10/30
- sew a skirt
- knit a sweater to go with #9
- pay more attention to my fingernails-filed short, painted with pale pink
- make a necklace
- walk in a breast cancer benefit walk
- read 12 books- 1. summer on blossom street by debbie macomber; 2. lift by kelly corrigan; 3. for parents only by feldhahn and rice; 4. having a mary spirit by joanna weaver; 5. christmas at harrington's; 6. the christmas bus; 7. a promise kept; 8. the christmas sweater; 9. the farm chick's christmas
- make a new friend- hello stephenie and kristi!
- spoil an old friend with love
- avoid saying "yes" because I "have to"
- start a collection of "K"s- collection count- 3
- read to Connor before bed- mark has taken this one over for me.
- start a
"note to self"journal
- loose 21 pounds
- piece a Christmas quilt top
- make my becky higgins' cross stitch sampler
- knit for charity
- visit Mickey Mouse
- just "be" on the beach
- get a pedicure to go with #8
- let go of insecurity
- go to more mudhens' games- only got to one.
- spend a weekend alone my sister
- meet up with blog friends- lisa, leslie
- find ways to let go of fear
- walk 400 miles
- hold hands with mark
- take more photos of myself
- encourage play
- memorize six new scripture verses
- let the boys be the first to let go of a hug
- honor mark with my words and actions
- let go of criticism
- say thank you more
- be happy on my birthday, whether this list is complete or not
I'm trying to cherish each day and focus on the little blessings I've been given...for when I look back these "little" things will be the big things.