a few weeks ago, connor's principal read this book to the entire school during an assembly. then his teacher challenged the class to be "bucket fillers." the theme is that we all walk around each day carrying an imaginary bucket. we get our bucket filled or emptied during the day based on the actions of others. "bucket fillers" spread kindness and love through the use kind words, patient attitudes, and helpful actions. and our buckets are emptied by cruel words, insensitive attitudes, and selfish actions. the children really caught on to this concept and began filling buckets and turning each other in for being a "bucket filler."
I tell you this story, because my bucket is full to the point of overflowing. thanks to my most wonderful birthday weekend. I felt so cherished. thank you all for showing such love to me!
01. I was able to have a solo lunch date with my mom and dad on Friday. hearing "we're proud of you" meant the world to me, thanks.
02. my sister gave me the most wonderful gift...a pandora clock charm representing the gift of time...for a solo trip to her house for a sister weekend. I was truly touched, kath.
03. my best friend, lisa, shared her amazing sewing skills by making me four shoe bags. after finding the tutorial out on this blog, I mentioned it would be nice to have a few for all of our travels. it only takes a word...thanks lease.
04. a surprise delivery from paula blessed me with the most amazing flowers!
05. then on my special day (that I share with my dad and nephew), mark wrote this amazing post. it made me cry. many thanks to all the commenters...I cried after each one.
06. and just when I thought my bucket could hold not another blessing, mark surprised me with a mac! a new computer was SO needed and SO appreciated. more than I deserve, sweet...thanks.
as this week has progressed, I've had a lighter step and a focus on all things loving and kind. may my forty second year be spent filling buckets!