Monday, October 19, 2009

mrs. quick (project 5)

ever feel like your world is spinning faster than you can keep up with? like you want everything to just stop, so you can catch up? that pretty much describes me and my world the past few weeks. I've had to be away. I've so wanted to stop by and chat with you, share something inspiring (like so many of you are doing), or just visit you in your spots, but that just hasn't been possible. I have some light shining in on my schedule this week, so I hope to share a bit of what's been happening with me.

but before I do...I have to finish the little 5 in 5 series I started. my fifth and final project from my crafting weekend was a teacher gift for lisa. you already know she's the most awesome homeschooling mom I know...and sometimes homeschooling moms don't get all the cute teacher gifts the public school teachers receive throughout the year. now, some of you teachers may think this is a blessing :), but I think they're fun, so I created a back to school present for her.

I waited until the school room redo was finished, so I could match my frame choice to her room colors. this is what I came up with:I started by lining up and gluing the crayons to the white card stock with mini glue dots.

I added her name, the frame, and it was complete! super simple and super cute! because I don't have many original ideas, I'm sure I saw this or something similar somewhere, but have no idea who to give credit to.

yesterday I touched my knitting needles for the first time in four weeks! It was so good to relax and knit. I hope I'll be doing more of that this week.

11 comments:

jo ellen said...

What a cute idea, I'm sure Lisa will like the touch of
"color" for her room.

stitching under oaks said...

I LOVE IT!!! It is such a punch of sunshine in the little corner of my world that is the school room! You did an impeccable job and as I told you before...it's the best teacher gift I ever got! REALLY! It just made my day the moment I opened it and it blesses me everytime I look over and see it. Oh and I figured it out...You must start marketing your handwriting...start a font and I'll buy the first copy!

larissa said...

I totally love how simple and classy this looks. I think I commented on Lisa's blog that it reminds me of high end modern art - like something you would buy at the MOMA store. And about not having original ideas - there are truly very few things that haven't been done before - I think all that any of us can hope to do is take something we've seen before and make it better or just make it our own. And you've definitely done that here! good to have you back.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Adorable!! A fantastic gift.

stitching under oaks said...

oh and I love your new header! fabulousness!

mark said...

so creative, and expertly crafted! your greatest asset as an artist is the love that leaks out into each one of your projects. our challenge is to find and protect the time to create. we are both so much more fulfilled when that happens. great projects, looking forward to many more!

Alison said...

That is really adorable!

Liz said...

Such a cute idea!

Journeying Five said...

what a great teacher gift, lisa has a good friend in you. love your creative side.

melissa said...

Oh my gooodness! This is just darling! What a great idea. Darn, I'm too late, with my youngest a 7th grader!

a friend to knit with said...

i CAN NOT believe that i missed this!!!!!!!!

krystyn, this is SUCH a great idea! i can only imagine how happy it makes lisa each and every time she looks at it!