Thursday, December 4, 2008

thankful for forty

I'm a little behind in my posting. our Thanksgiving was unique this year. with the death of grandmother, I felt like I was going through the motions of Thanksgiving. the preparations, the cooking, the table setting, the eating, seeing family...all of us together yet each in our own world.

so I didn't have the time or the mental capability to make my thankful list. so here are just forty things I'm thankful for (in no particular order).
I'm thankful for:
1. salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ
2. my husband and two sons; they bring joy to my life
3. the good health and happiness of our family
4. a comfortable van to travel all the miles to visit family and friends
5. a business that adds income to our budget and flexibility for me to be a stay-at-home mom
6. my creative spirit; I love to create things!
7. TIVO
8. my healthy mom and dad; they're the best!
9. my sister, my friend
10. my washing machine and clothes dryer
11. knitting
12. our leaf blower
13. the listening ear of my husband
14. friends who know me and love me, "family friends"
15. the creative outlet that is my blog
16. DVD players in the van
17. my husband's job
18. pink and green
19. QVC, target, our public library, church, and the grocery
20. blogs that inspire and encourage me
21. the power of prayer
22. parents who gave me the gift of a college education debt free
23. my ipod
24. the wii
25. my laptop
26. memories
27. non-stick cookware
28. the usps that delivers all my notes, all year long
29. card club
30. hilton head island
31. walt disney world's magic kingdom
32. mark's parents
33. tender hearts
34. dove milk chocolate bars
35. books
36. my Bible
37. hope
38. anticipation...sally's sugar cookies
39. crocs
40. forty healthy years

celebrating Christmas is coming! a daily december album has been made. I'll be sharing the filling with wonderful memories in future posts. stop back and say hello!

2 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

oh kristyn. i am so sorry about your grandmother. we lost my grandfather a few years ago....the last living grandparent. he was 98.

so it's your birthday!!!! happy birthday. 40 great things/years!!!

stitching under oaks said...

in the midst of everything it's so good to be thankful. I'm thankful for you, my special friend.