on thursday after we completed our work, mark made this sign to post on connor's door:
when connor realized he couldn't go into his room until after school, he made this sign for mark:
we got a thumbs up of approval:
I learned a few things during this process.
- mark is the starter; I am the finisher.
- mark cuts in; I roll.
- I don't have to do everything by myself.
- it's fun to have a partner working with you.
- little changes mean a lot to a five year old.
- be prepared for your older child to envy your younger child.
- be sure to have documentation of older child's previous room makeover at the ready.
- have lots of pain medicine on hand for body aches.
- simple is best.
- I find joy, joy, joy in a little boy's smile!