Friday, August 15, 2008

savor summer ... t minus 18

  • I so enjoyed my day today. a day full of short blessings. I prayed for this kind of day. one lead by the Spirit doing the most important things.
  • the last day of VBS allowed me to spend another block of time at panera...this time working.
  • I set myself up on the slow side, in a corner, facing the wall with my ipod playing natasha bedingfield. you see, I'm a people watcher. I'm the odd one who is upset that I can no longer go to the airport early to pick up mark and just sit, watch, and imagine. I think I sometimes frustrate mark because I am constantly watching, wondering, and speculating about the people around us. I'm not sure why I think it's necessary to figure out such silly things. who cares why they're there; where they're going; what they're eating? I think I need more focus.
I haven't worked consistently this summer, so I had been feeling a bit 'out of touch' with my business. my stack of "to read/review/do" was growing fast and tall. today was just what I needed ... time. my challenge over this next week is to continue to find time.

just me on a Spirit filled day.

self portrait
another favorite skirt from target, my favorite fossil watch, and of course there was some knitting.

photo by sor

2 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

if only we could remember to tap into Him each and every day on a minute by minute basis...great reminder! whatcha knitting? looks like a dishCLOTH.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful way to describe your day

i love your writing, it's more than exciting

to read your voice, is daily my choice

you're a treasure without measure

something, something that rhymes with measure

(oh wait ... being married to you is the definition of pleasure)